Sanctity of Life
"The meaning of Life, is to be found in giving and receiving love, and in this light human sexuality and procreation reach their true and full significance. Love also gives meaning to suffering and death ... they can become saving events." -Pope Saint John Paul II Gospel of Life
What we do at St. Mary
- Pledge participation in the Human Life Rally in Olympia, WA every January and as long as it is warranted. It is a well organized and peaceful rally that impacts every participant profoundly.
- Pledge participation in the Human Life Signature AD every Fall to appear in local newspapers in January to coincide with the Rally in Olympia.
- Pledge participation in distributing educational materials relating to the sanctity of life. Please visit our Knowledge Base for the Church's Official teachings and Prolife Resources.
- Pledge support to the archdiocesan GABRIEL PROJECT which is committed to offering assistance to women and families facing crisis Pregnancy. Contact Kathleen Tully for more info.
- Pledge support to "4US" Knights of Columbus Fr. Treunet Council 3611 program which procures ultrasound machines for pregnancy clinics. Contact Sir Knight Keith Mack for more info.
New members welcome. Please contact Susan Tibbles or Walt Daspit Co-Chairs
Gabriel Project: The Gabriel Project is a parish-based ministry to women facing crisis pregnancies. Volunteers offer support to a pregnant woman by offering the love, care, and spiritual, material, and emotional support she needs throughout her pregnancy. Contact Kathleen Tully at St. Mary Parish Anacortes, WA
Post - Abortion Help
Project Rachel: Project Rachel is a confidential outreach program offering healing, compassion, and hope for women and men hurting from an abortion experience. Get Help. Contact: (800) 822-HOPE (4673) or (206) 450-7814 Spanish
End of Life Issues
Know the difference between Advance Directives such as Living Will or Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare and Protective Medical Decisions Document [PMDD] ? Click on the links to learn more from the Patients Rights Council.
Catholic Church's Official Teaching on the Sanctity of Life